Thursday, May 31, 2007

21 May 2007, Doctor's Results

I had my doctor's appointment on Friday, and got the results from the bone marrow test and PET scan. The bone marrow came back clean, no cancer there. Thank God. The PET scan showed that the cancer is on both sides of my diapraph, which isn't too good. They (the doctors) gauge what stage a patient is at by how much there is and if it's above/below or both sides of the diaphram. A stage 1 is the best and stage 4 is the worst. I'm at stage 4, which includes both sides of the diaphram and moved to other places. In my case, it has began to move to my bones: the right shoulder blade and the top right side of my hip bone. The doctor didn't seem too concerned with it though, said that the chemo would take care of all of it. I'll have 6 months of chemo, which starts on 29 May, and hopefully that's it. No radiation or any other surgeries.

All in all, it's not too bad. It's not great, but it could be worse. I'm just thankful that it was caught now, instead of later when it would be too late. I am still in shock of the whole thing, and just wonder about it all. If I never would have went to the hospital to get checked for a blood clot, I still would not know. I guess everything happens for a reason.

So, if you all could keep me in your prayers, and thank you for everyone who has prayed so far. I appreciate it.

Today I'm going in for a lung test and tomorrow for a heart test. One of the drugs in the chemo can have a bad reaction in a small percentage of people, and they have to check and make sure my lungs and heart are healthy enough in case there is a reaction. So, more tests, yippee! O'well, small price to pay I guess.

No comments: