Saturday, August 9, 2008

1st round of chemo down


Hi Everyone,
My first round of chemotherapy is over with. Treatment started Monday, 28 July, with 3 days of chemo. Then starting the next Monday, each day for 5 days I had to get a shot of Neupogen, basically a white blood cell booster. These shots will sometimes make your bones hurt, because it's basically making your bone marrow work a little harder to produce more blood cells. But I didn't have any pain what-so-ever. So I've been pretty lucky as far as that. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't been getting very sick, just a little upset stomach and a wierd, metallic taste in my mouth. Strange, but it went away after a few days. And the upset stomach is easily remedied with a medication called compazine. So, as far as the rest of the treatment, everything seems to be on track. I should be starting round 2 of 3 this coming monday. It depends on whether my blood counts are high enough or not. But they should be fine. If everything stays on track, I should be doing the stem-cell transplant in mid-september. As far as I know, anyways.
Other than that, everything is the same for the most part. I'll be moving to a 1st floor apartment at the end of the month, which will be a God-send. I'm getting so sick of going up and down those 2 flights of stairs. But other than that, life is pretty much the same.

No comments: