Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 19, and everything's going great.

So, I'm on day nineteen after the transplant, and everything is going great. I'm ahead of schedule as far as recovery, which is a great thing. I was having to come in every day to get 2 bags of fluids, but have already been cut back to 3 times a week, and only 1 bag. Which is a good thing. My blood counts are doing great, and if I didn't mention last time, the bone marrow transplant was successful! Thank God! I was kindof worried about it, because there are some people here who's transplant didn't take, and they had to start everything over. So, now my prayer and request is that the bone marrow transplant does the trick and the cancer doesn't come back. Lord knows I don't want to do this again. Since my last email, I had to spend a week in the hospital because I had gotten some pretty bad sores in the back of my throat to where I wasn't able to even eat. And after about 5 hours of being admitted, I started to run a fever. But I got released last week, and since then my health has shot up like a bottle rocket. It's amazing actually, one day I'm feeling like crap, the next I feel good. Weird, but I'll take it. And I apologize to everyone for not letting you know I was in the hospital. I was just feeling really bad and didn't get around to doing an email. I know some of you expressed you wanted to come and visit if/when I was admitted. And I know some has expressed you would like to come around and spend some time with me. So, if you want, just let me know when's good for you. My evenings are pretty much clear. I still can't go out or anything, so most of my evenings I'm just sitting around not doing much.

Anyways, other than that, everything is going fine. I got to see my niece for her first birthday the other day. She was so cute! I'll post some pictures on my blog when I can, hopefully this evening. I got her one of those stuff-a-bears, and it has a heartbeat to it. I thought it would be kinda cool to have a teddy bear with a heartbeat, but after feeling it, it's kinda creepy. LOL O'well, hopefully she'll like it when she grows up. Not much else going on. Hope everyone is doing good, and had a good thanksgiving. And Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Kim said...

So happy for you Chad!

Keep recovering as the speed you are, and hope your Christmas is fantastic!!

Kay said...

I'm glad the transplant went well and that you are feeling good now. Wishing you well and praying for you, take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chad--
So glad to hear you're doing well. My daughter (age 20) had an allo transplant 6 years ago.It was a long recovery, but she's doing great now.
I work for the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. We provide information and support services for BMT patients and their families. When you get a chance take a look at our web site www.nbmtlink.org. You might want to sign up for our "Celebrating Second Birthdays" program for BMT survivors. (Your second birthday is your transplant date).
All the best to you,
Jean Jones