Friday, January 23, 2009

Long overdue update

Wow, it's been a little while since I sent an update. I apologize to everyone I don't stay in contact with much. So, anyways, everything is going pretty good. I was officially discharged as a transplant patient on Dec. 19th, which was a great feeling. That basically means the transplant worked, and worked well. I did have to spend a few days in the hospital after treatment due to some bad sores in my throat. And I wasn't able to keep any food down for a few days. But everything is a lot better now. I'm getting my strength back finally, and ready to get back to life as normal. The docs won't let me yet, though. I'm still off from work, and not allowed to go to church or anything yet. I should be cleared to do all those things around the end of February. About the middle of February I get a full round of tests to make sure everything is going good. I could still have a spot or two of cancer, if so I'll probably have to have a round or two of radiation. We'll see though. If everything is clear and where it should be, then they'll clear me to go back to work and everything.

So, that means a lot of time at the apartment right now, either cruising around on the internet or playing my Nintendo Wii. The Wii is a lot of fun including Mario Kart, but I would like to get a few more games. I have a few friends who have Mario Kart also, and being able to play them online is pretty fun. Now, if I can just get my internet connection to work for more than 10 minutes at a time, I be cooking with gas. Other than that, life is pretty none-eventful these days. Nothing "exciting" or newsworthy to write of. So, if you have Mario Kart and connected to the internet, let's get a game together. It's a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Insanity Kim said...

Hey Chad!

Thanks for the update! I am sure a bit of "cabin fever" sets in but, it's all for the best and I hope that the tests this months are totally clear!

Jacob has the Wii and Mario Kart, but it's not connected to the internet down here? I'll ask Josh about it...and then see if you're in the mood to get destroyed by an 8 year old! ha!