Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bring a can of WD-40 with you to the doctor...

Had the orthopedic doctor's appointment a week and a half ago, and my knee isn't as bad as they thought.  From the symptoms, it seemed like I may have had a tear in the meniscus.  But after the MRI, it wasn't that, but a lot of the cartilage in the area, especially behind my knee cap, is just about gone.  So, short of a total knee replacement, there's not much they can do besides some "lubrication" shots (which I automatically began thinking they would connect a can of WD-40 to a needle).  Which I should start those very soon, at least hopefully.   Besides, I'm way too young for a knee replacement.  On top of the WD-40, I started taking that Glucosamine combination stuff, so we'll see if that helps. 

I was actually able to get a short ride on the bike today also.  Lord am I out of shape!  That's alright though, I have a refreshed outlook on my health and all that.  I have a long way to go to be able to do one of my "epic" trips, but a couple of books I've picked up lately and websites I've found have inspired me to really focus on the goal.  So, we'll see how things turn out.  Who knows, I may even be living in a different state by then. ;-)

No comments: